Thursday 29 April 2010

Chrones Disease & Stress

I have often felt that how I feel in general can affect my Crohn's and like others I wonder if stress has an effect and even make the symptoms of Chrones disease worse?

As far as I have been able to ascertain there no hard evidence that stress can cause chrones disease in the fist place. However it is true to say that people who suffer with chrones do often experience the increased stress in their lives when compare to people without the disease. But this is mainly due to having to cope with a chronic illness.

I have seem some reports that suggest that people with Crohn’s disease have flare ups more often when they are going through a particularly stressful situation in their lives.

Based on this the best advice is that if you feel that there is a connection between your stress levels and a worsening of your chrones disease symptoms, try researching relaxation techniques like slow breathing exercises and possibly even meditation.

Also as always, make sure you eat well and correctly, get enough sleep and contact your doctor.

No comments: